Did you know that accurate and repeatable measurement of the human body is essential for many industries including fashion and clothing, orthopedic and prosthetic devices, and body mass monitoring? Currently, traditional methods to measure the human body is composed of a tape measure, calipers, polyurethane foam, and plasters. But, for more than a decade, 3D scanner technology has evolved and the price of these devices has declined sharply, making them accessible to everyone.
3D scanner technology brings many benefits for the measurement of the human body, including five major aspects: affordable pricing, contactless solution, user accessibility, data collection, and eco-friendly. We’ll go through the 5 top reasons why you should use a 3D scanner to measure the human body and stop continuing with traditional methods.
5 top reasons why you should use a 3D scanner to measure the human body:
Affordable and Profitable Solution
- 3D capture in 30 seconds max, see more patients within one day
- No more plaster waist, save on material and get a bigger profit
- Affordable price, get reliable scanners for as low as $500
- Keep a safe distance with patient
- No manipulation needed
- Improve overall customer experience
Accessibility for the User
- Technology accessible to all, you don’t need to be an expert in 3D technology
- Intuitive and user-friendly user interfaces
- Extraction and export software for automatic measurements
- Easily transportable
Simple and Easy Data Collection and Management
- Reliability, precision, repeatability and reproducibility of measurements
- Virtual data: no deterioration in transport or storage
- Ability to monitor the evolution of the patient’s condition
- Perform simulations to ensure proper fit
- Avoid the use of plaster or other non-recoverable materials
- Virtually ”0” waste
- No CO2 emission with online file upload
Our team is there to help you assess if 3D scanning is the right fit for you. Get in touch with our experts today!